Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the creation of Teams in Jira

Fredson Nogueira da Silva May 10, 2024

Is it possible to restrict the creation of Teams in Jira to only Jira administrators? I would like to ensure that only authorized administrators have the ability to create new Teams within our organization’s Jira instance

3 comments

Comment

Pasam Venkateshwarrao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

Hi @Fredson Nogueira da Silva 

Teams means Groups right please let me know if iam wrong.

Groups creation option is only visible to Jira Admin,No user can create a group on their own because its not visible to them.

Alex Hall May 10, 2024

Groups are within the admin console. Teams is a newer feature that you'll see in the top menu bar in Jira. I think Teams are managed via the Plans permissions.

Groups is intended for admin level access granting. Teams is more of a social feature but if well configured, it can be utilized in some (but not all) areas of Jira.

Alex Hall May 10, 2024

If you go to the gear icon, Products > Plans/Permissions, check the Shared Team Management permission. I think when Atlassian rolled this out they rolled it out to everyone. Try restricting this to just your Jira Admin Group.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

Hello @Fredson Nogueira da Silva 

At this time it is not possible to restrict who can create a team under the Teams menu. 

There is a change request for that to which you can add your vote:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75734

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events