Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just to introduce myself

Theo van Stratum January 19, 2022

Hi, I am Theo van Stratum, Dutch but live and work in Scotland for the last 21 years. I am 68 years young and Senior Project Manager by Kythera.ai (https://www.kythera.ai) we are developing artificial intelligent middleware for the game industry.

I started here a year ago now and slowly try to get the project management put into shape, which is a real task here ;-)

There was no real platform they where working on but had Confluence for their documentation. I decided to implement our project management on JIRA and did a quick course as I never work with this, and we will start officially from the 1st of February with the first three project. So fingers crossed and see how this pan out

Theo

13 comments

Comment

Margareta Buruian January 19, 2022

Hello @Theo van Stratum and welcome to the community. 

Best of luck with the projects and myself and the rest of the community will no doubt be on hand to assist if you need it at all. 

Best wishes

Craig

Like # people like this
Theo van Stratum January 19, 2022

Thanks

Alex Gay January 19, 2022

Succes en welkom @Theo van Stratum 

Rodrigo Martinez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Welcome to the Community, Theo! 🎉

It's very nice to have you here! And thanks for sharing your story with us!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to everybody here if you have any questions or need help on anything!

https://support.atlassian.com 's always there, too — but here in the Community you'll find discussions, suggestions (and hacks) that we at Support can't quite work with. 😉

Cheers!

Rodrigo

Like Theo van Stratum likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Welcome, Theo!

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Welcome to the group!

will
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Theo van Stratum . Welcome!!

Ed Pike January 19, 2022

Good for you in such an ageist industry! You show that skills prevail and experience count, especially in managing software process. If I could go back in time and mentor myself I'd be better off, and probably best friends :-)

Like # people like this
Trent January 19, 2022

Sounds like you will be well prepared, best of luck!

Ysaac Salao
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 19, 2022

Best wishes!

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
January 19, 2022

Nice one. Welcome!

Erik Mathijs January 20, 2022

Hi Theo,

Did you decide wich methodology you will use ?

You can work Agile scrum or Agile kanban.

Really think about the benifits of each approach before taking this important descision.

Of course, perhaps you will change after some time, but when you start it is important that the team knows the mode of operation.

Jira is a excellent tool to support Agile teams.

As i also speak dutch i want to say

Veel succes met je nieuwe projecten :-)

Theo van Stratum January 20, 2022

Hi Erik,

I am a master in both methodologies and within Kythera I implemented KANBAN as that was the closed to the things they did anyway, plus it fits the nature of the business.

En dankjewel voor jouw vriendelijke tekst

Like Erik Mathijs likes this
Alexandre Arsenault January 20, 2022

Welcome. Feel free to ask questions. Anytime. 

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Welcome to the group, @Theo van Stratum ! Hope you have a wonderful learning experience here!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events