Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Ya'll

Justin Bartlett June 3, 2023

Hey there! I hope you're having a great day. I'm curious, what's the most complicated project you've ever managed with Jira? I'd love to hear your experiences and insights!

3 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is another planet that is inhabited only by human-built robots with the help of Jira (there may be other life forms there, but we do not yet know that). 

I'm not sure that our space programmes are as complex as other things we do.  The aerospace companies I've worked with have had complex needs, but there are more complex ones.  The one I hold up as "most complex" is an organisation that is writing apps for mobile devices - they have a wall with 1,200 devices hung up on it so that they can test all of them with their latest software.

They have some "interesting" coding to do with versions, but the complicated bit in Jira terms is raising 1,200 issues for "test this", and picking up the handful that fail the tests.  (It's Microsoft.  Windows phones are crap, stop using MS)

Like # people like this
Marcos Milanesio
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2023

Hello everyone!
In my case, I think the most complicated project that I had to configure and manage was one for risk management that included the migration process from Excel to Jira, with more than 3,500 risks from 4 countries. A plan-management-risk structure (epic-issuestandard-subtask) to be able to organize the management and the corresponding automations for the calculation of the inherent and residual risk at the management and plan level.

It was a great challenge.

Like Kalin U likes this
Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2023

While working as an Atlassian consultant, I built a project for a client who wanted to use it as a "front end" for their code deployment system. Looking at the tool it was replacing and looking at the process they were trying to mirror, it must have been created in the early 90's - the resulting project had something like 45 distinct workflow statuses, and most transitions had 4 or 5 validators to make sure different fields were populated and different approvals were met. They also had some pathways that could only be accessed by specific types of issues, owners, or other conditions, so there were often 3 or 4 transitions between the same statuses with their own conditionals. All of these needed to set different fields or trigger other actions, so we had a combination of automation rules and post functions set up as well.

It was...not very pretty or scalable. The worst part though was that in an effort to save costs, they decided to do the discovery and design in-house, using their Jira Server instance. The project was to implement this on Cloud though.

Like Kalin U likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events