Creating a guide to help your users be successful - Jira Service Management

I found out a long time ago that having documentation to go along with training was the best way to help users understand how to use an application.  To help provide consistent support to the end-users and repeatable processes I created a guide for our agents.  It provides all the information an agent needs to successfully use the service desk.

image1.png

The guide is housed in Confluence and is easily accessible by all agents.  They can review the content any time they need a refresher or cannot remember how to perform a process.  It can also be used to onboard new agents who will be support users through this service desk.  The other advantage is when gaps are identified in my documentation through agent questions I can just update the documentation and the agents now have the latest information.  Collaborating with the agents on the documentation also has helped them be more comfortable asking questions which is what every administrator should strive for.

So the next time you stand up a service desk creating a little documentation will go a long way.

1 comment

Geoff Mether _Togetha Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Very much agree. We tend to create videos to go with those guides. Big time saver in the long run.

Like Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events