Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the fist sync happen between Jira Align and Jira for a new created Project/Board

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2024

Hi, 

I have added new projects, boards, teams in an existing program and existing PI. I have done all the config (Team Mapping, State mapping ...etc) . One last thing that I still have to do is to generate sprints for Scrum Teams after creating anchor sprints. 

Before doing this last step, I am wondering when will the first work items (Features(Jira Epics) and Stories) first sync from Jira to Jira Align? should I do something to force this first sync? and if nothing is synced how to analyze/debug? 

Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2024

@M Amine For the data to sync, you would have to create/update a work item in Jira Align or Jira.   This would only bring over those items that are created or updated. However, usually for an initial load of data you have to go to Admin-Jira Settings-Jira Integration and run the JQL to pull the data over from Jira.  Make sure you add a created/updated date to your JQL query so you limit the amount of data you bring into Jira Align.  If you don't, when you run the JQL, it will bring over all the data within that project  for that issue type which could mean a lot of clean-up work for the team.

If the above doesn't work, make sure there aren't any triangles next to the projects or boards that you added.  If there are, just hover over them and it should give you an idea what is wrong.  In addition, you can check to see if there are any errors in your logs:  Admin-Jira Settings-Manage Projects-View Logs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events