Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a more suitable way to set up our project?

Linn September 29, 2020

Hi Jira Community,

I am new in Jira, and now my company is thinking of using Jira to track and manage our resources and tasks. However, after multiple days of googling and youtube watching, I still don't see an obvious way to set up our tasks.

Here is some background about us: We are a small company, we have several lines of product (boat engines), and each line has different products.

They all share similar tasks between and within product line like software dev, hardware dev, testing, purchasing, manual writing etc... and often just small changes from each other.

My thought is to

• have projects represents each line
  • boards to represent each group which will be shared between projects ( same person for similar task)
  • Using advance roadmap to control over all project timeline and resource blocking between product line

However, I am not sure how to control each product release within a product line. (maybe component?)

Will this be a reasonable approach? 

Edit: We are considering paying for Jira premium. Just noticed that it is posted under Jira Align...

1 answer

0 votes
Kyle Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Linn ! 

I think this question would be great to ask in the Jira Software community. It looks like you've posted in the Jira Align space, which is a separate product for enterprise planning that integrates with Jira data. 

Here's a link where you can search for similar answers and make a new post if necessary -- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/New-to-Jira/ct-p/new-to-jira

Linn September 29, 2020

Thank you, do you know how I can delete the post?

Kyle Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

It's not a problem to leave this post here, but you can use the three dots (...) menu at the top-right of your post to move the question to a different community. If that function is not available, you can edit the contents to link to the new copy of your question for those interested in the same topic. Either way, not required, but thank you for offering. :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events