Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create issue: 403:Forbidden, You do not have permission to create issues in this project.

Rebecca Hylek October 17, 2022

Hello, I'm a Super Admin in Jira Align and a Site/Org Admin in Jira Cloud.  We're going through a major clean up after our migration to Jira Cloud.  One step will be creating a standardized workflow for our teams on Program Agile Release Trains.

I've created a DEMO project to use for testing before we make any changes.  I'm able to successfully create a Jira Epic (Align Feature) in Jira and it syncs with Jira Align.  When I try to create a feature in Align, it doesn't sync.  I receive an error (see screen shot).  

In Jira Align, my account includes the Agile Team with the Scrum Master role that's associated with the demo program, the Program Team with the Team of Teams role, and the Portfolio Team with the role Portfolio Member.

In Jira, my role on the team is Project Administrator and Project Lead, the Permission Scheme gives the project admin permission to manage projects and create issues, etc.  I'm sure this is something simple but I'm at a loss.  Any suggestions?

BeckyUnable to Create Issue_403_Forbidden_Permission.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jean Henson October 18, 2022

Hi Rebecca,

This error is returned when a "user" does not have permissions to edit/create Jira Epics. Although you personally have permissions, the Jira Service Account "user" may not have the appropriate permissions needed.  I recommend validating that the Jira Service Account user has the following project permissions for your test project:

• Administer projects
  • Browse projects
  • Manage sprints
  • Assignable user
  • Assign issues
  • Close issues
  • Create issues
  • Edit issues
  • Link issues
  • Modify reporter (if you consolidated the Create and Edit Jira Software screens)
  • Resolve issues
  • Schedule issues
  • Transition issues
  • Add comments

Best of luck!

Rebecca Hylek October 20, 2022

Thank you Jean!  Where would I check to see the Jira Service Account's permissions?

A second question, we have several people in Jira Align that create Features, they sync without issue and the connector creates the Jira Epic.  I'm able to create Features for those projects and they sync.  Why is it only with this demo project?

Please note, I'm also an Org Admin for Jira.

Jean Henson October 20, 2022

Hi Rebecca, 

When in the project screen, at the bottom left there is a link called "Project Settings".  You can check if the service account (which ideally should be part of a group) has permissions for the demo project you created.

Rebecca Hylek October 20, 2022

Ok, that worked but I wasn't sure what you meant by the service account, in our instance that must be our Jira users group.  Adding it allowed the sync immediately.

Thank you!

Like Kim Herren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events