Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing or adding an Epic as a parent to a Feature will change the Feature's Process Step/State

Tracy Walton June 10, 2021

Is this behavior "as designed" for Jira Align or might this be a bug or a configuration matter?  If this is desired behavior, is there documentation to support it? 

I understand that this is not a common practice in managing our work. Generally we start with the Epic and build out it's Features, Stories etc. and there really shouldn't be the need to parent/un-parent a Feature. However, this does come up from time to time and it would be nice to know the expected behavior. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

@Tracy Walton The only time I have seen that happen is when the process steps are different for Epics/Features across programs & portfolios. 

This happens, especially when you remove a parent epic and not have a "stand alone Feature". When this feature had a parent, it was using the Feature process steps.  When it becomes a stand alone feature, it uses the Epic process steps. 

I don't believe the documentation covers all of the"gotcha's" around stand alone features....

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2021

I cannot reproduce this, so I assume it is a bug specific to your configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events