Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objectives Import (via XLS) still not working in Jira Align?

Jason Leeming January 19, 2023

Hi, I found this thread from 2020 and it still seems this function is coming soon? 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-questions/Can-objectives-be-imported-into-Jira-Align/qaq-p/1431802#U2245473

Does anyone know when/if this is coming???

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Jason Leeming ,

Per the Help Center article More actions for objectives, it is still currently disabled.

• Import Objectives: This option is currently disabled while we work on some enhancements to objectives and import functionality. 

That functionality has been disabled due to work on the new OKR functionalities. 

As a workaround, however, you can use APIv2 to create Objectives programmatically.

Anthony Smidl January 20, 2023

I think we want the simplicity of importing the csv file as most users/personas can handle those directions, not many are savvy to know how to use the APIs. We are also interested in when this will be turned on. 

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2023

Thank you for the feedback, @Anthony Smidl 

I'll bring your comment to the Product Management team.

As for timelines, you may wanna check this page for Jira Align roadmap.

Like Anthony Smidl likes this

@Rodrigo Cortez  Thank you, I'd be happy to share other top feedbacks I've seen the past few years in the tool. Do you have any focus groups your Product Management team leverages to help with your backlog refinement? 

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2023

Outstanding! You are more than welcome to log any enhancement requests and product suggestions via Jira Align's Public Ideation portal.

Here's how to enroll & log ideas (registration required). 

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2023

Check the following Idea on that matter and feel free to add your own perspective:

iZone 2144 Reactivate Objectives Import functionality in Jira align

Like Anthony Smidl likes this

@Rodrigo Cortez Looks like you're using your Jira Align ideation portal to manage those ideas and then convert to your backlog, nice!

Like Rodrigo Cortez likes this
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
January 20, 2023

;-) 

Jason Leeming January 22, 2023

Agree with @Anthony Smidl not all of us can use, or even have access to, the API?  

Lori Rogers January 25, 2023

We have escalated this issue with Atlassian. This is a huge problem for us. It takes us several hours to create objectives. Go out there and vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAALIGN-4641 

0 votes
James Webber May 24, 2023

This is also a big problem for us we need to bulk update a number of Objectives (1000).

At the moment our teams are needing to do this manually.

API is not something a normal user can use to make an update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events