Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Project data from JIRA Align to JIRA software

parul sah March 24, 2021

My project is using JIRA Align and are moving towards JIRA now. Is there a way we can migrate our old data (user stories, program boards) from JIRA Align to JIRA?

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

You' have 3 options to get your data from Jira Align to Jira: 

1) Set up the integration as @Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ described above, write a JQL for each Project/board that you've added - to keep the batches small so as to NOT choke out your Jira instance's connectivity & usability  

2) Use Jira Align's API to 'port' the data from Jira Align to Jira

3) Use the native Export function in Jira Align to export all work objects from Jira Align and use the import function in Jira to import them there.  

Notes: 

Option 1 - may be3 limited based on the users ability to write the proper JQL and the status/state of work objects in Jira Align. 

Option 2 - may be limited based on the configuration in Jira.  I.e. custom fields, project structures, boards, etc. 

Option 3 - Will be limited by the "normal" Microsoft Excel and Jira limitations i.e. don't import more than 1000 records at a time (that's a gross overstatement IMHO) and 2 any fields with date greater than the Microsoft excel cell limit (32,767) - also a gross overstatement IMHO

Pick your poison, based on your needs, Jira set up, JQL experience and API creation knowledge within your company.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Richard Wilson _Jarow Digital_ March 25, 2021

To migrate data from Jira Align to Jira.  You will need your Jira Boards connected to Jira Align and Synchronising.  So sprints placeholders created, A sprint started so you will also need to have a test story.  

From Jira Align you will need to make sure that you specify the Jira Project and Click Save

After a few minutes (synchronisation batch timers), you will have a Jira ID and you will then see the Jira Align work item in your Jira Board.  This will need to be done for each Jira Align Feature (Jira Epic) and Story.   

Under the Administration | Details Page you can make this mandatory. 

Hopes this helps.

parul sah March 25, 2021

Thanks Richard. Do you have any link with detailed steps that I can follow?

Connie Crabbe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021
Like Rodrigo Cortez likes this
1 vote
Connie Crabbe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Jira Align and Jira integrations can be found on the Integrations page along with a lot of other useful information.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

I found Jira to Jira align, But unable to get articles or information about from Jira Align to Jira,

May be Atlassian Support can help you.

Any ticket raised ?

Thanks,

Anvesh

parul sah March 25, 2021

No, I cant find any relevant category in Atlassian Support under which to raise a ticket for this query.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events