Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align - any way to bulk remove/delete Features?

Kelley Cooper December 2, 2019

Does anyone know of a way to remove/delete/send to Recycle Bin MULTIPLE Features in Jira Align (short of being an Admin associated with the 'Manage Agile Objects' permission)? 

Have approximately 100 which need to be moved to the Recycle Bin...these have been synced from Jira via the Jira Align Connector so "the horse has left the gate" for preventing them from being created in Jira Align in the first place.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2019

Hi Kelley, only the Super Admin role has rights to mass delete. Please see the Help Center link below for details. Hope this helps.

https://agilecrafthelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000226273-10X-Delete-and-Restore-Backlog-Work-Items

-Shawn

Kelley Cooper December 4, 2019

Thank you, Shawn! 

I did check the Help content before submitting my question...but was hoping I might get lucky!!!

:)

Rob Gutierrez March 16, 2021

Is there any way to make it able to do more than 30 items to delete at a time in Mass Delete?  It doesn't seem like Mass when you have over 1,000 issues to delete.  It will take over 30 screens to do it.

Ryan Reed April 29, 2022

@Shawn Kessler , Do you have any ideas about this question? Is there anyway to delete more than 30 items at a time? We actually only see the option to delete 10 items at a time in our instance. We need to be able to clean up our backlog but deleting them 10 at a time is not realistic. 

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2022

I am only aware of the 10 at a time method...but it goes pretty quick when using the Check All button on the top of each list of 10. Plus it is safer to work with 10 work items at a time to make sure you don't accidentally delete needed items. I will do some investigation to see if there is another way to perform this--maybe one of our Solutions Engineers knows a hack--I will report back if I learn anything new. But I guess the question is, why would you want to delete thousands of issues?

Shawn

Ryan Reed May 2, 2022

@Shawn Kessler , Instead of asking you for what I think the solution to my problem may be, maybe I should ask you for help with the actual problem. 

I am looking to delete some old programs in Jira Align. We have recently merged combined multiple trains from two siloed HR Org Trains, into single cross functional trains. I have multiple trains I would like to delete, but I cannot delete them without moving or delete all of the work items tied to them. The work items were duplicated by the ADO Sync into the merged train backlogs, so the work items in these old trains are no longer necessary. We need to delete them and delete the trains. In some instances there are hundreds of epics, with 5-7 features, that each have 5-7 stories. If I remember correctly there were 1K+ stories in one of the program backlogs (hence the coaching we are providing). How can we delete these in an efficient way. Deleting them ten work items at a time is not something I am willing to do. 

Do you recommend we reach out to our Solution Engineer?

Thanks for the help. 

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2022

@Ryan Reed , yes, I think you should def reach out to your SE, so that you can get a customized plan that is specific to your org and your data.

In the meantime, I put a feeler out to a few SEs to see if they have any suggestions...will report back if I learn anything.

Shawn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events