Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align Team Users

Vera du Preez August 26, 2021

Hi, I have a couple of user based questions.

Do deactivated users in JA deactivate them in Jira, or is it limited to JA only? AND

Can I give my team members, team room read only access without them having to consume a JA licence, I'm assuming you need licences for ANYONE to access JA..

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Björn Wiehe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

G'Day Vera,

regarding your second question, depending on the license you have there is a certain amount of read only team users you can have in Jira Align without consuming a license for them. 

It would be best to talk to your Enterprise Advocate or Technical Account Manager to determine this for your specific case.

Best Regards,

Björn

Thank you!

2 votes
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

@Vera du Preez Hey Vera! Hope all is well. To answer your first question, deactivating a user in Jira Align does not deactivate them in Jira. They would also need to be deactivated in Jira.

To answer your second question, if the user in question is an integrated user, meaning they consume a license in Jira and were added to Jira Align via the connector, they are allowed limited access in Jira Align without consuming a license. This access includes most everything at the team level, including the Team Room, and some limited access as the Program level to Program Board and Features. If the user ins question is not a member of an agile team that has been integrated with Jira Align, then any access given to them would consume a license.

@Rae Gibbs Thank you so much - yes they are integrated through the API and really just want to access the team room as a read only, so that is good news!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events