cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Jira Align Only for Big Teams?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

According to the Jira Align pricing page the lowest tier that I see is for 120 Jira users. is that indeed the smallest pricing their that there is for Jira Align?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Hi @Davin Studer ,

Short answer to your question: Yes. In my experience, Jira Align is meant for big teams - where big team means 50 - 125 and up.

If your group is on the smaller side, then Jira Portfolio and related plug-ins might make more sense for you.

Longer answer: The structure of the pricing, if you read it carefully, is 30 active users and 120 integrated users (for a total of 150 users of two flavors). This is for the smallest option, as you stated.

An active user is someone working in Jira Align - typically Scrum Master/Product Owner up to executives. They are actively using Jira Align on an often daily basis for planning, tracking, decision-making, etc.

An integrated user is someone who is working in Jira and whose work syncs to Jira Align for metrics and tracking, but doesn't use Jira Align personally - think dev team members. They do now reap benefits from Jira Align in the form of info such as:

• the feature (Jira Epic) Program Increment,
  • the Parent Portfolio Epic of the feature,
  • the Why? behind each story and feature up to the strategy level.
  • and other functionality/info that is being integrated from Jira Align to Jira at a very impressive rate.

So yes, Jira Align is designed for a program/Agile Release Train with 50 - 125ish people in total. I think the smallest group I've piloted is in the 60 - 80 person (total), with about 20 active users and the rest integrated.

That being said, I don't know if the pricing tool contains the only options or is representative of the range.  You would need to speak to a Jira Align sales person for details.

Disclaimer: I am not an Atlassian/Jira Align employee and can't speak for them as to specific pricing options or future functionality. I am sharing what I know from my four year's experience implementing Jira Align/AgileCraft as a former AgileCraft employee and independent.

Regards,
Peter

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Oh, also you mentioned issues syncing to Jira Align. Is that done on a polling basis, or is the data pushed in real-time to Jira Align through some kind of push mechanism (webhooks, background watcher service, etc.)?

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

Hi @Davin Studer - There is a very robust connector for Jira Align to connect with Jira via the Atlassian Jira API. One of the parameters is how often JA polls Jira for changes. We recommend setting it so JA pulls all changes from Jira every 7 minutes. Any changes made in Jira Align to issues linked in Jira push from JA to Jira within 90 seconds of the change being made in Jira Align.

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Thanks guys, it's good to have this information.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events