Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to see a burn down of an initiative at the Portfolio level

Ann Bouvier July 9, 2020

I am using the Train Progress report to see the burn down of an initiative. But the initiative is shared between multiple trains. How do I get a holistic view of the burn down at the portfolio level?

3 answers

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

@Ann Bouvier Each Epic (Initiative) also has a handy dandy link on the Initiative/epic under "more options" on the right (work item menu) Called "Initiative Planning" 

This view provides a view of the total burndown for the Initiative, regardless of which ART underlying Jira Epic is associated.  The Caveat - you must, of course, have the Initiative associated to more than one ART/SoS in order to have Jira Epics worked on my more than one ART/SoS. Initiative Burndown.PNG

0 votes
Caz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2020

@Ann Bouvier you may also go the upper right corner of the Train Progress report and select "Drill Down" , then "View Epics". Here you may see how each Program is burning down by specific epics. Hope this helps :) 

0 votes
Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Ann, if you change the context in the configuration bar, from your Train up to your Portfolio, it will aggregate the burndown in the PI Progress report.
 Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 12.38.01 PM.png

Ann Bouvier July 10, 2020

but I want to see the burndown for just 1 initiative.  This is not showing that.  

I still see my initiative in multiple trains.

Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2020

I believe if you mapped your single initiative to a product, you could select that product from the Additional or Advanced Configuration menus, located in the configuration bar. That will add a new dimension and should then narrow the selection.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 10.14.16 AM.png

Ann Bouvier July 15, 2020

I dont see Product... What does that map to.  Maybe we renamed something in terminology?

Derek Huether
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 5.05.39 PM.png

Select the Additional Configurations plus sign, just to the right of your PI (time) dimension.You should then see a dropdown that includes a few additional options that you can filter on. If you have not defined any products, this may not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events