Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Jira Align licenses am I using?

GregPearson June 9, 2021

I know how many licenses I have purchased, but how can I tell how many I am actually using (e.g. 55 out of 70)? When I export users from Align, there are a lot of names on the list that I did not add as the admin and it says were added by the Jira integration. I'm confused on which ones are actually counting against my purchased licenses.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

@GregPearson The best way to do this is to export the users and apply a filter to the spreadsheet.  Filter out any users with an Atlassian email address or partner email address if you are working with a partner.  Then in the System Role column, filter out what is being used as the default system role for integrated users.  You can find this via the following path:  Administration > Jira Settings > Jira Setup tab > Scroll down to the bottom and observe what is set for Default System Role for New User(s)

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.59.35 PM.png

The system role that is listed here should have been set up as something that is not used for users that purchase a license.  If that is not the case, then unfortunately, this will not work.

GregPearson June 9, 2021

Thanks, Rae. Unfortunately that default role was put in as scrum master (I just changed it to default for going forward). And some of the people I'm questioning are internal resources of my company. However, I did notice that all the people I am questioning have the default role of scrum master, all have a default title of 'Title' and are lacking some of the other fields required when I set up a user as the admin like enterprise hierarchy. They also all have a "account created date" but no "last logged in date".

So if they were all created by the Jira integration (i.e. not by me), they don't count as a license?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events