Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable "Release Vehicles"?

Thomas Dennis September 26, 2021

I am the Jira Align Admin for our company. When I follow the steps provided below, I do not see "Release Vehicle" only "Releases". We currently have Jira Align Standard. Am I missing something.

"If trying to grant access to Release Vehicles in Jira Align, you'll need to update the user's system role. This can be done on the Administration -> Roles page. Expand the Program section and then search (it's quicker than scrolling!) for Release Vehicle. You should see Add, Save, and Delete toggles."

Thanks - Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2021

Hi Thomas,
First of all, please confirm what Terminology that you are using for Releases and Release Vehicles. That can be found in Administration | Platform Terminology
"Release Vehicles" may have been renamed in your instance.

Then, it will be listed under:
Program | Manage
I've enclosed a screenshot, so that you can look in the correct location.

Capture.PNG

If you still can't find it, then please log a ticket with Atlassian Support
https://support.atlassian.com

Thanks

Heidi

Thomas Dennis September 27, 2021

Thanks Heidi!

You are correct! Our Jira Align Atlassian engagement engineer renamed "Release Vehicles' to "Releases" and "Releases" to "Program Increments". With that said, what was the out-of-the-box definition for "Releases" and "Release Vehicles"?

Does our renaming convention make sense to you?

Thanks again, Tom 

Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

@Thomas Dennis When Jira Align, formerly Agilecraft, was originally created, Program Increments were names Releases and Releases were named Release Vehicles. The terminology change in your instance is a common terminology change.

Like Thomas Dennis likes this
Thomas Dennis September 27, 2021

Thanks Rae!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events