Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable stack rank items in the backlog view for particular user role in Jira Align

Vijay Uskamalla February 9, 2022

Hi Team, 

I want to disable stack rank items in the backlog view for particular user role in Jira Align, is this something can do from system level role? if yes please let me know which toggle need to be turn off.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!! in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

@Vijay Uskamalla If you're looking for users to have access to the backlog but not be able to change the ranking in it, this can only be controlled by team membership. System role permissions do not control the ability to rank or not rank backlog items. If you do not want a user to be able to rank the backlog, remove them from Team Members in the Program.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 12.22.06 PM.jpg They will then see this message when they view either the Feature or Epic Backlog.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 12.18.08 PM.jpg

However, when you do this, they will also lose other functionality that may or may not be important. There is another article that talks about this and how team membership works in Jira Align. Adding Jira Align users to Portfolios vs Programs

Vijay Uskamalla February 10, 2022

Hi @Rae Gibbs - Thanks for the answer.

Quick question for you, If I removed the user from team member in the program, did he/her can able to see the backlogs in Jira Align?

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2022

Yes, any backlog can be turned off for any role.  See pic for example toggle

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.55.17 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events