Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are the Risk Total Exposure calculated in Risk & Impediment Reports under Release Train?

Mahesh Khande April 4, 2022

How are the Risk Total Exposure calculated?

We see  Probability of Occurrence, Impact are all qualitative like High, medium,...while logging a Risk, But in the Risk & Impediment report we get  Total Exposure, Probability of Occurrence, Level Of Impact are given numeric value's. what are the formula used to derive these values?Capture_RIskExposure.GIF

2 answers

0 votes
Christoph Piotrowski _catworkx_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 3, 2022

I mentioned to keep you updated and want to follow up on this now: Atlassian is working on a fix to correct the calculations. All details can be found here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JIRAALIGN-4113

0 votes
Christoph Piotrowski _catworkx_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2022

Hello @Mahesh Khande , I have the same question and not a final answer here, but the following hints:

the values for probability and impact depend on the the respective entry at the select boxes of a risk. At the moment the values seem to be fixed to values as listed below (independent of any other constraint):

Occurrance

• Critical: 2%
  • High: 1%
  • Medium: 3% 
  • Low: 4%

(note, that "Critical" and "High" seem to be mixed up)

Impact

• Critical: 1
  • High: 2
  • Medium: 3 
  • Low: 4

The total exposure is the product of Occurance and Impact.

I already have asked the technical support team about this report - I keep you updated in case I get any further information before someone else has an answer here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events