Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, what version of Jira Align is the Team-Quality section available in?

Lisa Landis October 18, 2021

Currently looking at Launchpad environment but not seeing anything for the Testing role, but I see 10.X:  Quality documentation in the Team knowledge base.   

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2021

@Lisa Landis 

It may be that the role you have been assigned as a user in Jira Align does not allow you access to that element of functionality.

As it's launchpad, it may not be available as most organization tend to keep the testing in Jira.

If you're confirming that it is available in a current version, that's great to hear and I can look into asking about access to it.  But I'm still not clear what version it became available in.  :)

Jesse Pearlman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2021

@Lisa Landis 

I have been working with Jira Align since it was AgileCraft version 10.0 forward.  The testing element has been in there since i've been working with it.

Thank you!

0 votes
Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

@Lisa Landis The Testing Module existed as far back as Version 7.64 that I can recall.  AgileCraft did a significant lift on it in the mid version 9's then a bit more as we released version 10.  It's been around quite a LONG time. 

Due to the ease of integration with Jira for testing tools such as Zephyr, Qtest and others, the testing module is one that is not used by clients today.  The last customer using it to my knowledge, migrated over to Zephyr in 2018. 

Hope that helps! 

Tina Behers 

Lisa Landis October 20, 2021

Interesting...I assumed that even if you used Zephyr, you would still be able to leverage that data in areas of the Quality section (ex Testing Room) for reporting/status, much like the Jira data is leveraged in other sections (ex Program Room).

Tina Behers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Interesting yes..  There has never been integration to/from Jira for the Quality module.  I do not believe this is available in the current API set either.  Perhaps one of the awesome Atlassian Team could verify...  @Tim Keyes

Lisa Landis October 22, 2021

Yes...would love input from the Atlassian Team!

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the questions, answers, and discussion.

As Tina stated there is not an Quality Module (Test Cases/ Sets/ Plans) integration to Jira Align.  There is also not API support to sync Quality Module artifacts with Jira Align.  We have had some customers begin Zephyr adoption in Jira Software and they typically strictly use Jira Software in conjunction with Zephyr for quality management.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events