Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone found a way to use SSO for Jira Align iZone Ideation?

Dan.Boccabella
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2022

We have a customer portal where customers can submit support tickets (via Salesforce), access documentation, downloads, sign up and view webinars, and take product training. Our current ideation solution is embedded but we are looking at Jira Align and interested in leveraging their ideation portal. The issue is we don't want customers to have to create a separate username/password to submit or vote on a product idea.

We understand we could do a bulk user import but they still would have to maintain a separate password and there doesn't appear to be APIs to update that information.  Since Jira as SSO capabilities, I was thinking we could SSO our customers into Jira and then try to configure the internal ideation portal but then we'd likely have licensing issues since we don't want to buy licenses for all of our customers and/or expose them to a complicated internal view with lots of complexity they don't need.

I'd be interested in understanding how others have integrated iZone into your existing customer processes.

1 answer

1 vote
Justin Toomey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2022

I have a very similar use case. What I'd like to do is tie our companies active directory to jira Align such that anyone not explicitly provisioned as an "internal user" in Align (and thus counting against our allotted user licenses) is provisioned as an "external user"(which are not counted as licensed users). Once we do that, my thinking was that I'd set up an internal sharepoint page with the list of ideation portals to serve as the primary interface to make ideation accessible to the larger company. My concern is that the ideation module does not feel like a first-class citizen in Align and that they probably did not intend for SSO to be used in this manner, so there are some real scalability/admin concerns.

I would love to hear more about your experience with this if you ended up giving it a try.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events