Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force a refresh of data pulled from JIRA for select/all issues?

Dan Sigrist July 27, 2020

Hi - thank you in advance for the assistance. 

I just realized that we had an incorrect custom field setting during our initial data pull into JIRA Align from JIRA. This has now been fixed so all future updates to JIRA will be pulled  correct into JIRA Align.

Is there a way to trigger JIRA Align, vial JQL or other method, to update all existing issues (Features, Stories, Defects and Tasks) in JIRA Align with data from JIRA?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2020

To run a query from Jira Align Administration, first go to the Align Administration option:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.15.48 AM.png

Then click on Jira Integration tab, and that will give you an option for which projects to include.  Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 8.16.04 AM.png

You can add JQL options such as 

- issuetype: to narrow your query down to specific issue types

createdDate: to narrow down selection to recently created issues

status: to narrow down selection to only those issues that are not resolved

You'll see the formed query in the JQL Query field. It's always a good idea to copy that query string into your Jira search so you can check to make sure you're getting the issues you're looking for.

I hope this helps.

2 votes
Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Jira Align does not have JQL.  However, you can run JQL from Jira Align to update items.  Check out this great article on the community about JQL from Jira Align.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Align-articles/Jira-and-Jira-Align-Integration-Jira-Query-Language-JQL-Best/ba-p/1260051

Rich Sparks
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2020

Your Jira Align administrator can assist you with refreshing all your data from Jira. It can be run from the Jira Settings option in the Align Administration options.

Thank you both for the quick response! 

@Rich Sparks - I'm not seeing the "refresh all your data" option in the JIRA Settings option in the admin section. Is this part of the new JIRA Settings UI (labs) roll-out?  If not, would you mind directing me towards the exact location as I'm having trouble finding it (probably lack of sleep). Thanks!

0 votes

Thanks @Tom O_Connor - The article mentions one way to handle this: "It is recommended to Bulk Edit the issues in Jira with a Comment such as "Force Sync to Jira Align: Please Ignore" in order to flag Jira issues as updated for the integration to pick them up and send the updates to Jira Align." (Posting here for others to find). Hoping Rich has a good approach as well.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events