Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature status shows Orphaned

Reddy March 27, 2020

A feature is created in a Program and linked to Epic and there are stories attached to Feature, but in Program board the feature says: This feature has no stories and is black in color(Orphaned). Could some one please help me if I'm missing any?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reddy April 1, 2020

Hey @Peter Jessen ,

I found the issue using your suggestions above. The issue was one of the stories were not accepted in both the Features. Thank you for your help :)

Regards,

Abhi.

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Reddy

You are very welcome.

Regards,

Petrr

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi @Reddy ,

When you look in Jira Align at one of the features in the feature grid (Program -> MANAGE ->Features), do you see the stories attached to the feature in Jira Align?

If the stories aren't showing in Jira Align, but they are in Jira, then you probably have an issue where the Jira project and board for those stories isn't mapped to Jira Align.

Regards,
Peter

Reddy March 27, 2020

Hello @Peter Jessen ,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I see the stories under the Feature in the feature grid.

Thank you,

Abhi.

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2020

Hello @Reddy ,

Are the stories linked to teams in the program and sprints in the PI being filtered when you look at the Program Board?

Regards,
Peter

Reddy March 27, 2020

Yes Peter, they are linked to teams and Sprints in the PI.

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2020

What time zone are you in? Easiest way to troubleshoot this is a quick Zoom meeting. I'm in Mountain Time.

Otherwise doing it this way is a bit like whack-a-mole. If I can see your screens it would go much faster.

Reddy March 27, 2020

@Peter Jessen  I really appreciate your support. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to share our screens outside of company due to security policy. But, I'll keep drilling more and share any updates here.

Thank you again!

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2020

@ReddyNo worries. I assumed that would be the answer. I'll try reproducing your issue and see if I can give you some other ideas to try.

Reddy March 27, 2020

You're Awesome, Thank you :)

Like Peter Jessen likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2020

@Reddy- Where on the board is the black feature appearing (see below)? In the Unplanned Sprint column of a team or in the Unplanned Sprint column of the Unassigned row (if you have it turned on)?

Also, can you please confirm the sprints to which the stories are assigned are in the PI assigned to the parent feature?

Regards,
Peter

Troubleshoot orphan.png

Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2020

Hi @Reddy

Unless you find a mismatch in the time frames (see above), I recommend you submit a Support ticket to Jira Align Support from the User Menu. See the image below.

When you submit the support ticket, I recommend you include as much detail as possible including screen shots.

Regards,
PeterUser Menu - Support.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events