Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Jira Align Change Logs

Emerico Vespucci November 9, 2022

Hello. Can't imagine I'm the first to ask but here goest. As a Jira Align Super Admin, I can't seem to locate the mechanism used to extract the Jira Change logs from Jira Align. Ideally, we'd love to have these logs in Splunk so we can create automation to identify issues and notify the appropriate stakeholders. It is an arduous task logging onto the product and manually paging though countless, repeated, error messages. We're working harder not smarter.

I checked the  Jira Align Swagger page and there does not appear to be API for this function. Nor is there an extract option within the Change Log under Jira settings. 

I'm currently playing with RPA UiPath in an attempt to have a BOT handle the task. Not ideal. 

I heard Enterprise Insight may be an option, which we also own. Odd to have to pay for and use another tool to extrapolate Jira Align log info but oh well. Does enterprise insight have the capability to extract the data from those tables that populate the logs?

What are other customers doing? 

I have attached a screen shot of the logs we're interested in, which is all of them :).

ThanksJira Align logs.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Heidi Hendry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2022

Hi Emerico,

Yes, there is information in Jira Align Enterprise Insights covering the Jira Connector Logs:

Jira Connector Log Date Audit Event
Jira Connector Log Details
Jira Connector Log FK Agile Object ID
Jira Connector Log FK Jira Board ID
Jira Connector Log FK Connector ID
Jira Connector Log FK Jira Fix Version ID
Jira Connector Log FK Jira Sprint ID
Jira Connector Log FK Object Item ID
Jira Connector Log Jira Connector Log ID
Jira Connector Log Jira Object Name
Jira Connector Log Jira Object Type
Jira Connector Log Message Type

Resources:

Jira Align Enterprise Insight Data Schema - YouTube

Enterprise Insights Schemas – Jira Align (login for this)

If you have more specific questions about crafting the queries, please log a Support ticket and we can help you out.

Regards

Heidi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events