Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community of practice team type in Jira Align

Mit Tolia March 4, 2024

Dear All,

In Jira Align, when we try to create a team, the team type field allows to choose between Agile team, Kanban Team (Labs) & Community of practice.

As I understand, if a scrum board or a kanban board is synced from Jira Software, it automatically creates a team of type Agile Team and Kanban Team respectively. 

Is it fair to say that community of practice team type in Jira Align is very light touch and just allows a group of people to be represented as a community of practice; however there is no rich or additional functionality on top of this? for e.g., if there is a CoP team = product team A, no backlog items or stories etc. can be assigned to this type unless the team type = agile team or Kanban team? Also, dependencies cannot be assigned to teams of type = community of practice?

Wanted to validate my understanding & if I have missed looking at something else that is available within Jira Align?

In this situation, is there any way for a virtual team like communities of practice to be represented in Jira Align, unless they are represented in Jira Software as having their own Jira projects and working off a scrum or a kanban boards?

Thanks and Regards,

Mit Tolia

1 answer

1 vote
Jamie Giantonio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2024

@Mit Tolia CoP teams are scheduled for deprecation.  This type of team can still be created in Jira Align and associated with existing communities of practice for a short time. We do not recommend associating this type of team with a community of practice, as we have removed the Communities of Practice summary page. For more details, see our removal announcement for the Collaboration module

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events