Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I synch dependencies from Jira Align to Jira for Features/Epics?

Gyanendra K Gupta December 9, 2020

I am trying to figure out how to show dependencies from JA to Jira for Features. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

@Gyanendra K Gupta Thanks for reaching out!  Dependencies only reside in Jira Align and do not sync over to Jira.  Dependency management is one of the features that companies buy into for Jira Align that does not exist in the standard version of Jira.  When integrating Jira and Jira Align, the concept is that the teams will continue to work in Jira while all program level activities and above will be managed in Jira Align.

Gyanendra K Gupta December 9, 2020

Thanks for quick response.  Our company has bought the Dependency feature.

I am exploring if bi-directional synch of Dependencies is possible. 

I have issues (stories) linked in Jira as Depends, Blocks, etc., when they come to Align, they result into Dependencies. I have configured JA to do so.

Is it true that, if we have a dependency in Align between two Features,  when it synchs to Jira, will it create Issue Links in Jira between the corresponding Epics? If it can then do I need to do any setup or configuration?  I am a super admin. 

Thank you very much.

Rae Gibbs
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2020

Unfortunately, there is no support of bi-directional syncing of dependencies between the two tools.  Dependencies are their own object in Jira Align and do not map to anything in Jira.  Dependencies in Jira Align are only against a single work item such as a feature (Jira epic); they do not link two features (Jira epics) together.  The concept is Team A indicates they have a dependency on Team B to complete work for Feature (Jira Epic) 1.  Team A creates a dependency against Feature (Jira Epic) 1.  When Team B commits to the dependency, they will link any stories to that dependency that will resolve that dependency.  They will not link a feature (Jira Epic) 1.  Those stories could even potentially be part of the same feature that Team A is working on.  It isn't always a different feature.

Like # people like this
Gyanendra K Gupta December 10, 2020

Thank you Rae. Much appreciate. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events