Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way for creating Historical Sprints for syncing with Jira Align?

Steph Sjostrom June 1, 2023

We have migrated a project to another Jira instance which has Jira Align. In the destination Jira instance a new project was created that is hooked up to Jira Align and we have copied tickets from the migrated project to the new project. 

We would like to sync data from work done in the first half of this year to Jira Align. I created a Sprint and set historical dates but I'm getting some strange behaviour; if I search based on the sprint I can see all the tickets associated to it but in the backlog page only 2 of the tickets show up. 

I understand sprints are really meant to be set up for current and future dates. Is there a better way I could sync our Jan-May data?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2023

I believe the issue that you are seeing is related to way the connector works rather than some error you have made.  The Connector works in a "point forward" mode.  This means that Issues from Jira (or Jira Align or ADO) only sync when they are changed.  This means all the closed/done Stories in Jira will not have their Sprint field updated unless you make some change to them.

Most folks use the Admin -> Jira Settings -> Jira Integration Tab to force a sync of all the Stories in specific Sprints.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 12.34.48 PM.png

Steph Sjostrom June 1, 2023

Yeah I realized the strange behaviour in the backlog page was due to most of the tickets already being closed. Which makes sense since normally you wouldn't be assigning a closed ticket to a future sprint.

Like Allan Maxwell likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events