Are there any Data Residency concerns between Jira Align and Jira Cloud?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Data Residency became a hot button topic for our company in 2019.

While, I can see on the Jira Align website that it says the cloud version is hosted in AWS and is geographically distributed, does that mean that Jira Align is hosted in all the same data centers that the other Atlassian Cloud applications are hosted?

Given that our company is currently in the US-East Data Center for Jira Cloud we are likely ok, but I thought it was worth asking the question for those that might be elsewhere in the world.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Guimbellot
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Data residency is important to us too. The Jira Align sites are hosted in the following AWS regions today.

US East (Ohio) us-east-2

Asia Pacific (Sydney) ap-southeast-2

Europe (Frankfurt) eu-central-1

Note that as a new multi-tenant customer you can select any of these regions now. Jira Align might expand in the future to meet more data residency requirements. 

Note 2, if a customer purchases our dedicated VPC option then they can select from most of the AWS regions to meet their requirements. The region must have the services that we use to run our solution.

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020
Like Tim Keyes likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Yes thank you for posting that @David Guimbellot!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

I am going to send the Jira Align Trust Overview to your email address--should be there in a few minutes. Should answer all of your questions ;)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

Thanks @Shawn Kessler!  Is there a public link to that document that can be posted here in case others are interested in that information as well?

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon 

Not at the moment--will see if I can get approval from the PM team to post it to the Help Center....

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events