• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ability to sort child items on roadmap

This more of a request than a question.

We like the live roadmap report and are contemplating replacing a gantt chart with it. But the issue I am running into is that, I cannot change the order in which the features listed in the  feature by epic view.

I did some digging and my assumption is that the order is based on the stack rank on the program backlog. But since the stackrank sometimes does not allign with the order in which the features are developed, I would love the ability to change the order within the roadmap view.

Like wise, the bility to link features to a milestone and sort / group features by the linked milestone on the roadmap would be very very useful.

2 answers

@ytoeda 

The default ordering for the Roadmap is by program rank -- so the highest ranked items in the backlog are at the top and the lowest rank are at the bottom.

However, you can change the ordering in the Roadmap by clicking in the Order dropdown. 

If you click "Date: Earliest Start - Latest Start", your items will be sorted by their start date. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 7.57.34 AM.png

However, you can set specific date by looking at the Full Details and setting dates in the date field. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.01.04 AM.png(Your work object panel may look slightly different, depending on what attributes you've configured for each work object. Your Align administrator can set which attributes are used in Administration | Details Panel Settings.)

Thanks for the reply but I am not sure if this is working as expected, at least in my organization. I applied the filter for "Date: Earliest Start - Latest Start" and set Dates but it is not updating the order features are shown.

@ytoeda Do your child work items have either: 

Target Start date: and Target End Date 

or 

Target Start Sprint and Target End Sprint (Features) 

Filled in? 

One or both of those data fields being populated is a prerequisite for the date sort on the roadmaps. 

Pro Tip: 

Target Start/End dates - position the item on the "Calendar view" roadmap for all work item types. 

Start/End Sprints - position features into the correct sprint boundaries within a PI on the Feature or Epic/Capability by Feature when using the PI View of roadmaps. 

0 votes

Passing along your request to the Jira Align Product Management Team.

@Caz ^^^^

Thank you for taking care of this that quickly. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Align

Best Practices in Jira Align

Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...

643 views 1 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you