Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see items in the 1st sprint in Jira Align. Can't figure out why. HELP!

Apryl Harris June 30, 2023

Hi Community,

I've recently integrated one portfolio with multiple programs (Jira to Jira Align). The PI and anchor sprint start and end dates are aligned. And the various sprints in Jira are aligned with the PI's start and end dates. The sprint buffer days = plus/minus 2 days. Bi-directional syncing with Features; Jira to Jira Align syncing with Stories.

However, when we synced sprints, the 1st sprints items did not load into the sprint. But the items for the rest of the PIs sprints populated in the various sprints just fine. I do see all the sprints in the Fit View in Jira settings and I do see the stories that should be in sprint one in the story backlog.

We did see the below message in the Spring Logs and reviewed the dates but there seems to be nothing to do. The dates area all aligned. → Reason : Sprint could not be mapped. Check release sync dates to see if Jira Sprint can be mapped. The Jira Sprint has a date range of: 2023-07-19T13:57:00.000Z - 2023-08-02T1

Our JA Ent. Sol. Strategist is excellent! But we haven't been able to figure out what happened. We tried resyncing but it didn't work.

I was wondering if the solution would be to just add the sprint in Jira Align and assign the items to it. but, I don't know the impact of doing it that way.

1. Anyone know why the 1st sprint is a different color on the attached image?
  2. Anyone have this issue before?
  3. How did you resolve?

Your help is appreciated.

CE Fit View.pngNotes:

• the teams and the sprints are NOT titled the same
  • the icons on the image shown just zoom in/out and move the columns left/right) 

3 comments

Christoph Piotrowski [catworkx]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2023

Hi @Apryl Harris , its a bit tricky to investigate it from here. The fastest support might be to open a support issue at Atlassian Support - they are really fast and can log into your system (if you approve that).

Apryl Harris June 30, 2023

yep. I'll do that next. just thought i'd ask here. 

thank you.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2023

yes, it is a good try :-) I was curious and looked into the log of our demo instance and found the same warning. I will check here what caused it and let you know.

Marketplace Partner
June 30, 2023

So I can confirm the answer of Ahmet below: I was able to resolve the messages by checking:

* are JA anchor sprint dates in line with Jira board sprints

* are all JA team sprints generated from the anchor sprints

* are all JA team sprint dates matching the Jira sprints

Having added one missing sprint and correcting one date fixed the issue in our instance.

Ahmet Kilic June 30, 2023

Hi Apryl,

I assume you have configured the dates of 1st sprint accordingly. But anyway, the mapping is not working and stories are not populated.

I got a similar problem and after recreation and mapping the sprints it was working somehow.

Otherwise, just reach out to Atlassian Support there are some nice guys that would be happy to help you dig into it.

Use the link below:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Warm regards,

Ahmet Kilic

Enterprise Agility Consultant at catworkx

Marketplace Partner
June 30, 2023

looks likes whole catworkx is chasing the issue! :-)

Like Ahmet Kilic likes this
Ahmet Kilic June 30, 2023

Cool! As Atlassian Enthusiasts, we're glad to help the ecosystem. :)

Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2023

@Apryl Harris A couple of things to check...

• Have you re-ran the Jira Integration (Admin-Jira Settings-Jira Integration) ensuring the query contains all the issue types, including custom issue types, and that the creation/updated dates are correct (might try running the JQL in Jira first to ensure you are getting the results you expect)
  • Are you using a custom team field (1 project for the Program and each team has their own boards)?  If so, have you ensured the custom team field (not the one out of the box) has been updated for all the stories in Jira for the project that is synching to Jira Align?
  • Go to Jira Setup tab (Admin-Jira Settings-Jira Setup) and double check the date you have listed for "Start date of sprint import" and ensure it is the start date of the sprints you want to pull in from the boards.  Note:  This doesn't control the start date from what is synched from the projects but just the boards.
  • Go to Jira Setup tab (Admin-Jira Settings-Jira Setup) and do you have "Create sprints from Jira" set to yes?  I personally also recommend this one be set to yes as well:  "Sync sprint names from Jira"
  • In Jira, for each sprint, have you entered the start and end dates for each of the sprints?  Verify each match your anchor sprints and dates aren't overlapping.  Although Jira allows you to end a sprint and start another sprint on the same day, Jira Align doesn't look at the time so make sure they are different (for example end date is July 6 and start date of next sprint is July 7).
  • In Jira Align, go to Team-Sprints and select one of the sprints where the data isn't populating.  Check the audit log.  Was the sprint created by a person or was it created by External system (e.g. Jira).  If you have the items from bullet 2 set to yes it should say External System.  As long as the items in bullet 2 above are set to yes, any sprints created by person, rather than external system, I would recommend deleting the sprint in Jira Align.  (it won't delete any of the work items in Jira Align or Jira)  
    • Once you have deleted the sprints in Jira Align, go to Admin-Jira Management and click on the sprints next to each board.  Click on "Sync Board Now" for each of the boards that were impacted by the sprints you deleted.  Once it syncs, ensure the sprints from Jira are mapping to the correct anchor.
    • Then re-run the Jira Integration (Admin-Jira Settings-Jira Integration) and look to see if items are moved to the correct sprint.

There were a lot of steps in this so if any of this doesn't make sense, I would recommend you open a ticket with Support and they can assist you as well.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events