A user with a non-Product Owner Role is logged out of Jira Align when trying to access the Roadmaps page.
Super Admins can access the page without issue.
The user can also access the page as long as they do not enter a Program Increment in the Tier 1 menu on the Roadmap page.
Steps to Replicate:
Log in to Jira Align using a role affected by the issue.
Navigate to the Roadmaps page.
Ensure that a Program and Program Increment are defined on the Roadmap page.
If the affected user defines a Program Increment in the Tier 1 menu either prior to navigating to the Roadmap page, or if they define one while on the Roadmap page they are logged out automatically as soon as the page tries to render.
When reproducing this with the browser Developer Tools Console open, it reveals that an invalid token error is logged:
The above is indicative of a Permissions problem.
Root Cause / Solution:
The issue here is that the role in question had access to Program Increments completely disabled at the Portfolio and Program Level. In order for users to be able to see Roadmaps, they need Read Only access to Program Increments enabled at a minimum.
If you have users affected by this, please use the following steps to see if resolves the issue:
1) Log in as a Super Admin to Jira Align.
2) Go to Administration -> Roles
3) Select the applicable role from the drop-down menu.
4) Expand the Portfolio and Program sections
5) In the Portofolio section scroll down until you see Manage -> Program Increments.
6) At the bare minimum, turn on the main "Program Increments" toggle. The other sub-toggles do not need to be enabled (Add, Save, Delete, Add Release Vehicle, Save Release Vehicle) if the desire is to prevent the users rom modifying / add / remove Program Increment information. This essentially provides "Read Only" access to Program Increments.
7) Once that's done, scroll down to Program -> Manage -> Program Increments and make sure the permission toggles match what was configured for the Portfolio in Step 6.
8) Save the changes.
9) Have the affected user log out of Jira Align and log back in and try to access the Roadmap page.
Kent BaxleyAtlassian Team
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events