Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Couldn't send"

Paul Beach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2016

I can't find any articles with a similar issue despite searching.  On both a Mac and a Linux client, when I start HipChat and join a room, the messages will load at startup.  However I cannot send or receive any messages after initial login.  Since it's on both Mac and Linux clients, I assume there is some kind of network issue on my end. Any help troubleshooting would be much appreciated! 

5 answers

0 votes
Sandeep Bhatnagar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2018

I have been having the same issue for the past few months, on my iPhone. It is on several networks - -both on wifi and cellular as well. Will appreciate any help. 

0 votes
KhurramK
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 22, 2018

I also need help with this. For the past 2-3 months, HipChat on my iPhone is unusable. 95% of messages are getting the ‘couldnt Send’ error. This is on several networks. 

I used to rely solely on the iOS app for all my HipChat needs. Now, it’s unusable. 

How can we help the HipChat devs repro this problem?

0 votes
tpsops_pfpttest
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 11, 2017

I'm having a similar problem, although it is intermittent. Occasionally messages get stuck in the "Couldn't send" error message. Sometimes it seems to be a message that sent but then a duplicate message shows up as "Couldn't send", whereas other times it's simple stuck not sending.

Has there been any progress on getting a resolution? The intermittent nature of this is making it quite difficult to narrow down. We're seeing this on many networks, with many users and different clients and environments. 

0 votes
Tiago Machado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

Could you check if you can manually connect to the cloud server.

With this, maybe you are able to diagnostic a blocked network route, preventing the users to connect on HipChat.

More information at https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/unable-to-sign-in-to-the-hipchat-desktop-app-751436202.html

0 votes
Mike Yamakawa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 14, 2016

I'd like to bump this question for visibility.  We are running OS X 10.11 and users are getting hit with "couldn't send" error message or red offline status at the top, even though these computers are being used and are not idle.  Users are forced to quit and reopen HipChat (and even after doing that, message sending is still delayed at times)

edit I'd like to add this has been plaguing us since version 4.27.0

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events