Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you remove/edit a message in a room in hipchat? (#Slack does it.)

Heeho Park
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 20, 2016

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
JoCo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2016

Heeho,

You can find instructions for removing a message here: Delete messages and files

There's a little blurb about editing messages near the bottom of this page: Keyboard shortcuts and slash commands

I hope this helps.

Craig Pokorny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 4, 2017

John,

The /s helps replace spellings, but that doesn't work well when needing to edit more than just a spelling mistake.  Is there any plans to add a true edit message feature?

JoCo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2017

Hi Craig. You're definitely not alone in wishing for something more robust.

Here's a feature request that you might want to vote for and watch: HCPUB-1799

ostyanov@gmail.com
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 12, 2017

Hi,is it possible to rename files already loaded in a HipChat room?

Thank you. 

Dzintars July 13, 2017

Yeah.. i think this must be MOST WANTED feature that is not so hard to implement. I personally prefer RocketChat while HipChat will not fix this issue.

Matt BenDaniel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 21, 2018

Switch to Slack

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events