Why is my comment box missing from desktop HipChat?

Our team just installed HipChat recently and one of our users' desktops version of the program has no comment box at the bottom of the chat discussions.  She can chat using the online version and see it pop up on the desktop, but still can't type anything because there isn't a comment box to do so.  Tried restarting computer/program and unistalling and reinstalling.  Even when she opens a new chat there isn't a place to type.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

1 answer

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jul 25, 2017

The symptom you are describing, of the box being gone from the Windows client, was reported in our bug tracking system: Text Input box missing from the Windows 4.0 client Please review the comments as some workarounds were posted. I look forward to hearing the results.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

506 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you