Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are @username tags retreived from in confluence and HipChat?

Larry Infantozzi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2019

When joining my company, they accidentally misspelled my name in the system.  They have indicated that the correction was made in the master record, but when someone tried to tag me in a chat session in hipchat, or when I tag myself in a meeting agenda in Confluence, the name is still showing as misspelled.  If I type @{correct spelling of user name}, it shows not found.  Where is this information stored, so that I can have it corrected?

2 answers

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi Larry,

On the HipChat Server - if the correction was made on the directory side, then the changes should have flowed through once the next sync was initiated (by default it's set to 60 minutes). 

If it did not, then a full synchronization may need to be initiated on the HipChat Server to pull in the corrected name, so I would get with your HipChat admin and ask if that can be done.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Premier Support Engineer II | Atlassian

0 votes
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2019

Hi Larry,

You would need to enlist the help of your company's Confluence Admin. They would be able to update your name in the system following these steps.

Hope this helps,

Danny

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events