It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where are @username tags retreived from in confluence and HipChat?

When joining my company, they accidentally misspelled my name in the system.  They have indicated that the correction was made in the master record, but when someone tried to tag me in a chat session in hipchat, or when I tag myself in a meeting agenda in Confluence, the name is still showing as misspelled.  If I type @{correct spelling of user name}, it shows not found.  Where is this information stored, so that I can have it corrected?

2 answers

0 votes
Danny_Zuccaro Community Leader Apr 24, 2019

Hi Larry,

You would need to enlist the help of your company's Confluence Admin. They would be able to update your name in the system following these steps.

Hope this helps,

Danny

0 votes
David Maye Atlassian Team May 14, 2019

Hi Larry,

On the HipChat Server - if the correction was made on the directory side, then the changes should have flowed through once the next sync was initiated (by default it's set to 60 minutes). 

If it did not, then a full synchronization may need to be initiated on the HipChat Server to pull in the corrected name, so I would get with your HipChat admin and ask if that can be done.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Premier Support Engineer II | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Hipchat

Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached End of Life (updated)

All good things come to an end - thanks to all our customers and partners who have been along the Hipchat and Stride journey with us.  As of Feb 15th 2019, Hipchat Cloud and Stride have reached ...

35,184 views 9 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you