• Community
  • Products
  • Hipchat
  • Questions
  • When attempting to confirm access to Hipchat Integration receive the following error: Unable to generate authorization code: Error sending request:400

When attempting to confirm access to Hipchat Integration receive the following error: Unable to generate authorization code: Error sending request:400

We recently migrated our HipChat Server to a new server. After migrating users are reporting an issue when attempting to confirm account access through their HipChat integrations. For example when attenpting to create a private room associated with a JIRA issue. The issue is only occurring for a sub set of users.

3 answers

0 votes

Suspect it is to do with migration. Can you please get those users to drop the authorization (it is possible under their profile page):

image2016-7-7 9:52:7.png

image2016-7-7 9:54:26.png

And then they will be asked to get authorized again next time they need to create a private room. That should fix the problem if it is indeed what I suspect it is.

HipChat OAuth Sessions showed "No sessions are established". Tried to create a private chat room for an Issue and still received the same error when attempting to confirm access.

0 votes

Probably not the problem I though it was. Can you please create a support ticket and we will help you out.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 14, 2018 in Hipchat Cloud

Hipchat Cloud and Stride End of Life: Just over 90 days away

Earlier this year we made the difficult decision to discontinue our team messaging tools, Stride and Hipchat. The end of life date for Stride and Hipchat Cloud is quickly approaching - February 15, 2...

555 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you