Verification email not sent

I have never received a verification email or code of some kind. So I can't use my account at all,  why is this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

This sounds like either a mis-entered email or temporary issue with communication between HipChat and your email server. You can try going to https://www.hipchat.com/forgot_password to re-send the confirmation email. If the issue continues, I'd recommend dropping our support team an email via support@hipchat.com. They should be able to more accurately diagnose the reason you might not be getting a confirmation email.

Thank you very much for your response but I was able to find a solution. Turned out I already had another account from my old job, just needed to reset my password so I could login properly. Thank you for your help.

Hi Christopher Rivers,

I tried to sign up for one of my different accounts but I am not receiving the verification mail and tried over and over. I think the FIRST email that Atlassian tries to send gets bounced back and it may add that email address to an internal block list. How can I contact to delete the email from the block list and the user will be able to activate. Any help will be appreciated.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

590 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you