Simplified search in Hipchat

How I can search if I knew only part of a word like Atlassian. 

EXAMPLE: If I remember only **lassi** FROM word Atlassian. I was input search row word LASSI and the result was nothing.

I hope that I explained enough :)

Best Regards,

Tanel

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Tanel, 

The HipChat client (Windows, Mac, Linux and web app) can only do a full word search. You can use it by writing the full word alone or between quotation marks. We understand this is very limited and we are trying to improve our search tool so customers can have a more refined search. I can confirm it is already on our roadmap, however I am not able to provide you an ETA for when it is going to be released. Hopefully soon.

Cheers, 

Nágila

Hi Nagila

Is there an update on basic search functionality in hipchat?

This is a very basic requirement in a chat client.

Best,

Hi Tanel, 

Thanks for your reply. After we launched Stride we improved our search functionality a lot. To understand more on how it currently works now, please take a look at the following page:

This only applies to Stride at this moment. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Mar 26, 2018 in Hipchat Data Center

Migration of Hipchat server to Data Center - a retrospective

Background While our Hipchat server environment was reliable and performing well, as a significant and growing part of our business, the need to leverage the benefits of Hipchat Data Center&nbs...

529 views 2 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you