Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplified search in Hipchat

Tanel Haak
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2017

How I can search if I knew only part of a word like Atlassian. 

EXAMPLE: If I remember only **lassi** FROM word Atlassian. I was input search row word LASSI and the result was nothing.

I hope that I explained enough :)

Best Regards,

Tanel

1 answer

0 votes
Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

Hi Tanel, 

The HipChat client (Windows, Mac, Linux and web app) can only do a full word search. You can use it by writing the full word alone or between quotation marks. We understand this is very limited and we are trying to improve our search tool so customers can have a more refined search. I can confirm it is already on our roadmap, however I am not able to provide you an ETA for when it is going to be released. Hopefully soon.

Cheers, 

Nágila

Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2018

Hi Nagila

Is there an update on basic search functionality in hipchat?

This is a very basic requirement in a chat client.

Best,

Nágila Marques
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Hi Tanel, 

Thanks for your reply. After we launched Stride we improved our search functionality a lot. To understand more on how it currently works now, please take a look at the following page:

This only applies to Stride at this moment. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events