Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification sounds for messages?

Meredith Taylor March 1, 2016

I just upgraded to HipChat version 4.0.4 (539) and now I do not have any sound when I get a notification (either in rooms or 1-1 messages). I have checked to ensure I have them enabled and they are. No one else in my organization is having this issue. Is this a known bug or is there a workaround?

3 answers

0 votes
Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

I am having the same issue - upgraded the version on MAC and no longer get notification sound. I have tried reinstalling and upgrading to a newer version - 4.0.10 (645).

Looking in the package contents, the notify.wav file seems to be gone from version 4.0 and higher

0 votes
Mehryar Mansoor March 2, 2016

Same thing is happening to me as well. I upgraded to the same version 4.0.4 (539) on my Mac and sound notifications no longer work. I've reinstalled and rebooted and still nothing.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2016

If others people do not have the problem and using the same version then the sound issue is for sure related to your local client (or computer/OS settings). That might be bug with you specific configuration but in my opinion it is not. Please check once again your OS or reinstall HipChat.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events