Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually back up Hipchat Data

kcarsey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2016

Hello.

I have a situation where I have a HipChat server which was rebooted, and now will not re-start.  I have found that it seems grub was damaged, however I have not been able to repair grub after multiple tries and different techniques from different sources.  I was able to get my grub error message to go away by booting into a live ubuntu cd, mounting file system, chroot to it, re-install grub, etc, all to no avail.   The other sysadmin here told me that he had made a backup of everything, so I tried searching the file system for a file ending in tar.gz.aes to no avail.   

My question really is, is there a local script in the file system that I can execute in order to back everything up?  Or would I need to have the system actually booted and running in order to run a backup.  Also if anyone has any advice about fixing my booting problems that would be greatly appreciated, as that would solve all my issues.  Currently I am running HipChat 2.0 appliance on Citrix Xenserver.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Hi Kenny,

The data exporter does require system services to be running. 

Chat messages are stored in Elasticsearch, files in Cumulus, & system state in MariaDB.

Please email server-support@hipchat.com if you haven't already

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events