Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is admin able to boot me from hipchat and at same time keep my content

Matt K
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2017

This issue makes me not want to use hipchat at all unless I am admin.  So I'm an employee and I'm fired.  Or I'm using hipchat to talk with a business associate, he is the admin for the account, and then we have a falling out.

Can the admin deny me further access and keep my content?

Or is the only option that I be deleted as a user?

If I am deleted will my content remain available to admin?

----

You see with any chat program I can think of, each participant is able to maintain all chat.  No one participant has the ability to boot others from the conversation while at the same time denying that booted participant from his content for all time.

1 answer

2 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Hipchat is designed for use by organizations. Typically (in US companies) all content you create in a chat software owned by them, is also owned by them. You can connect to Hipchat using an XMPP client instead of the Hipchat client and configure it to write out all communications into local log files. But, this may violate the terms of use of whatever organization whose Hipchat instance you are connecting to.

To answer your questions directly:

1. Yes they can disable (ban) you and retain the account
  2. Yes they can retain your content (depending on the plan)
  3. Yes they can delete your account
  4. If your account is deleted, then your content will remain as interactions with others
Matt K
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2017

Understood.  Well, is there a way to download (easily) all my content on a regular basis.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Not without being an admin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events