Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is HipChat available for deploy in corporate network?

Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Our company has strong security rules and never allow to store bussiness chats outside of company networks. Is it possible to install HipChat as dedicated server?

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2013

Hey guys,

This isn't currently possible, but is definitely something we're working on - it's quite a bit undertaking but we are committed to making this happen. Also, for the interim, you could disable the chat history on your account.

Thanks,

-dave

Alexey_Efimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

David, the problem is not in history actually, but also in public links to files. In large companies work different peoples, and leakers also. If leaker shared internal file to the public internet, then no way for company to delete this file from Amazon S3, until company forced to contact to Atlassian and get a reaction. While time elapsed, file already maybe be shared to other servers and lost forever. Is it true?

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2014

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for signing up! We are rolling out the beta to only a handful of groups at a time, this is what has been the delay in getting an invite. We choose to do it this way so we can manage any serious bugs that need to be squashed right away. In addition, since we are a small team, the dev's are heavily involved in support and they currently have to split thier time. That means that this process is a bit slower than usual but neccessary to get everything in order for release.

I can't comment on when/if you will get an invite, however I can say that we will contact you either way. Thanks so much for the interest and being patient!

Cheers,
-David

Daniel Varela Santoalla March 24, 2014

Thanks for your answer David.

Our problem is that are still holding off our evaluations with the hope of a release, but we can't hold on forever without knowing if the wait is going to be one month, one year or one decade. Management will eventually tell us to use something available now unless we can give them dates.

0 votes
Mary Avalos August 29, 2013

Hi Guys,

We'll need beta testers for our self-hosted version. You can sign up beta testing and updates here: hipchat.com/firewall

Cheers!

Mary

Justin Foster
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2013

How long from signup until access?

Daniel Varela Santoalla March 3, 2014

Hi Mary, I have the same question. I signed up in October for the beta program but haven't heard anything since.. We are at the moment evaluating possible options here and while we would like to consider HipChat we do need to have some idea of the scale of the timelines involved.

Thanks

Daniel

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2013

same here

i'd be interrested in such a solution as well.

any plans offering self hosted hipchat in the future?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events