Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't chat! I have no "New Chat" button ANYWHERE!! Any suggestions?

Marsha Henry November 4, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Chat 1-to-1

I cannot chat in a room that I am listed in. I can others chatting but I can't chat. There is no "New Chat" button anywhere. I've tried clicking on a person. I've tried using the "at" sign with their user name. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I am beyond frustrated as I need to ask questions in that room. Suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
JoCo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2015

Hello, Marsha. If you could provide more information about your situation, it would help us know how to answer you. Here's a few questions that would be helpful for you to answer: • How are you accessing HipChat? (Android mobile device, iPhone/iPAD, Windows app, Mac app, Linux app, or via web browser?) • Are you trying to use a room or a 1-to-1 chat? • Are you in the room you want to take part in? • Are you missing the send button? On mobile devices, the send button will sometimes be disabled while the app connects to our servers. On your computer, you may just need to hit "Enter" or "Return" instead of clicking "Send."

0 votes
Carlos Khatchikian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2015

in which client? did you tried the web client?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events