Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to add two users to their own accounts.

Dan Moser April 3, 2018

I am trying to add two users to Hip Chat accounts.  Tammy Bailey (tammy.bailey@kaplan.com) and Sara Kern (sara.kern@kaplan.com).  Each time I attempt to do so I get the following error: This email address is claimed by a user in a different HipChat group.

I have followed the instructions given by the site after getting that error message.  I do not have the option of using a different email address to set up the account.  Please assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi there, Dan.

I can confirm from the backend that both email addresses tammy.bailey@kaplan.com and  sara.kern@kaplan.com have an existing account with HipChat. In this case, may I recommend the users to reset their password through https://www.hipchat.com/forgot_password and attempt to log in again with the new credentials? Please confirm if the authentication goes through by then. Thanks.

Dan Moser April 4, 2018

Thank you

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

You are most welcome. Please feel free to vote for the answer to ensure that other users will know the step(s) to perform if they run into the same problem. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events