Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login to hipchat by google account

rmaziarka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 25, 2016

Hi,

My organization has Google Apps subscription  and we wanted to connect to HipChat to put our communication there. I've seen that you can import users to HipChat organization but then every user needs to create his own account in HipChat and remember the password.

Is there a possibility to login to HipChat directly by Google Account, omitting typing HipChat account credentials?

2 answers

1 vote
Phil Businger January 26, 2017

It looks like Authentication Infrastructure for HipChat is being moved to AtlassianID, which does support a Login by Google Account. Not sure what the migration strategy is, but I received an email that my team is being moved on Feb 2 2017.

Carlos Perez-Navarro May 12, 2017

Hiya, was wondering if they ever flipped the switch to allow google authenticated logins for hipchat.  I have seen our JIRA implementation migrate over to the google login, but not for hiphcat yet.

thanks

Vijaykumar Jain
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2017

same here.

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2016

Currently, the Google Apps integration can only be used to sync users between HipChat and Google, but doesn't allow you to delegate authentication over to Google. SSO via SAML (which would probably support what you describe) is definitely something we plan to do, but we don't yet have a specific date on the roadmap for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events