Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to change default privacy settings when creating a new issue related room? Any chance to put "private" as default setting?

Marcel Richter July 21, 2016

Hi, 

I simply want to avoid that I have to put every room manually on "private", since not everybody who's using HipChat at our company should have Access to the so far open rooms regarding specific projects. It would save me a lot of time, if there is a chance to change the Default setting from "open" to "private" when creating a new room out of JIRA. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance

Marcel

1 answer

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2016

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is currently not possible and the only way to do it is to configure it manually just as you describe.

Are you creating rooms when creating new JIRA projects or dedicated rooms for specific issues (like in the screenshot) ?

image2016-7-25 11:8:51.png

Marcel Richter July 24, 2016

Hi Anatoli, 

thanks for your reply. Correct, the screenshot shows exactly my "problem". 

Benjamin Peikes September 27, 2016

I agree, there should either be a way to default to private, or you should be able to choose when you create the room. I think being able to default to private makes more sense. This is becoming a deal breaker in my organization.

Is there a improvement ticket already opened on this? If so, I'd vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events