Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add a photo once your profile has already been set up?

Ryann Gale May 1, 2018

I can't find an upload files option anywhere in my profile settings to add a photo.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

Hi there, Ryann.

You should be able to change your profile photo in the https://id.atlassian.com/manage/account-settings#edit-avatar page specifically.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 09.32.35.png

Can you please confirm if it works for you?

Ryann Gale May 7, 2018

I wasn't specific enough in that I wanted my profile picture updated for HipChat. I'm not sure where this picture gets updated on this profile but I don't see it on HipChat profile. 

Thank you. 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi, Ryann.

No worries. The example I provided previously was specific to Stride actually. Sorry about that.

Anyway, you can upload a new profile picture on your https://www.hipchat.com/account page.

1. You will be prompted to log in using your HipChat credentials first.
  2. Once done, you should be able to see the following section in the page that allows you to upload a photo Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 07.46.09.png
  3. Click on the Choose File button
  4. Choose the file that you want to upload
  5. Click the Upload new photo and wait for the new profile photo to be refreshed on the screen

Let me know how it goes on your end.

Like Tara Williams likes this
Ryann Gale May 8, 2018

Got it! Thank you so much.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2018

You are most welcome. Any time!

Robert Hall May 18, 2018

I did the above for stride and it changed picture for account but not when I go to chat or message in stride. Is there a delay or approval process? I see my picture here but not when I message people

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2018

Hi, Robert.

Can I check if you have tried logging out from the client to verify that the profile picture is updated there? Do you notice the same when you were logged in to the web client too?

I am just trying to rule out if it is merely a cache issue or something else. Thanks.

Robert Hall May 21, 2018

It took a long time but it finally showed up. I don't know if it went through an approval process or what but it is there. Thank you for reaching out and trying to help. To answer your questions though, yes I logged out of it and also redid the photo just in case it was a size issue. 

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 22, 2018

You are welcome. Thank you too for getting back on that to verify that the picture shows up eventually. This will help other users who might run into the same issue as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events