How do I remove people from a room?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can remove users from a private room by choosing the "Remove People" option from the "..." menu in the upper right:

image2016-12-2 16:30:31.png

To do this, you must be in a private room and an admin/owner of that room. People cannot be removed from public rooms, since there are no permission restrictions on joining them. Hopefully that answers you question! If you have any issues with the behavior, feel free to contact us directly at support@hipchat.com 

This widget could not be displayed.

Our admin left the company. Is there anything we can do besides starting a new room?

We are using HipChat cloud and with us it is the case, that if a room admin's account is deactivated (because he left the company) the group owner is the new room admin and can set another person as room admin. I think this is a general feature of HipChat. Maybe you can ask your group owner, if he is able to do so.

Yep - if the room owner's account is deleted, then the ownership should transfer to the current group founder (listed on hipchat.com/admin). If that's not the case, please contact our support team at support@hipchat.com and they'll be able to sort you out!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

416 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you