Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove people from a room?

Jason Vander Zyl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2016

2 answers

1 vote
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2016

You can remove users from a private room by choosing the "Remove People" option from the "..." menu in the upper right:

image2016-12-2 16:30:31.png

To do this, you must be in a private room and an admin/owner of that room. People cannot be removed from public rooms, since there are no permission restrictions on joining them. Hopefully that answers you question! If you have any issues with the behavior, feel free to contact us directly at support@hipchat.com 

0 votes
Jason Vander Zyl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2016

Our admin left the company. Is there anything we can do besides starting a new room?

Julia Zastrow December 8, 2016

We are using HipChat cloud and with us it is the case, that if a room admin's account is deactivated (because he left the company) the group owner is the new room admin and can set another person as room admin. I think this is a general feature of HipChat. Maybe you can ask your group owner, if he is able to do so.

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2016

Yep - if the room owner's account is deleted, then the ownership should transfer to the current group founder (listed on hipchat.com/admin). If that's not the case, please contact our support team at support@hipchat.com and they'll be able to sort you out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events