Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat sidebar launching new browser window issue

Chris Reece October 1, 2016

Has anyone had success posting to sites from sidebar apps? I have an app that I'm working on that the site I am posting to does not allow posting from an iframe which is what the sidebar webpanel is. Am I out of luck here? Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2016

There is no inherent limitation on POSTing data from the iframe that is used in the sidebar display. If it's opening a new browser, that sounds like whatever you're clicking on might be specifically requesting a new window (e.g. a link with target="_blank").

If you're following one of the tutorials on the site (e.g. https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/tutorials/getting-started-with-atlassian-connect-express-node-js) it should help you setup an addon that allows posting from the sidebar. The instructions could hopefully help with whatever framework you're using with your custom addon as well.

0 votes
Chris Reece October 6, 2016

Thanks @Chris Rivers. I found it was a limitation of the site I was posting to with not allowing posting from an iframe. but I was able to get around it. I do appreciate the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events