Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat connect, who knows something about this ?

Mihai Marinescu July 21, 2016

Hi,

At the Atlassian Summit last year it was big fuss about HipChat connect and then few blogs about this but i am still missing HipChat connect for Atlassian own products such as Bitbucket / Confluence / JIRA and Bamboo. Not the regular Add-on but a HipChat Connect addon which groups all the nice notification is the sidebar like it was shown here: https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/2015/10/announcing-hiipchat-connect/

Where is this implementation ? Is it there already ? If so where ? If not when will it be released ? I asked on twitter and various Atlassian blogs and no one cares to comment.

Do you have something to add please post it here, thx

/mihai

3 answers

1 vote
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Hi Mihai,

We have released HipChat Connect a while ago and there are a lot of add-ons that rely on the new functionality. This old blog highlights some of them: https://blog.hipchat.com/2016/04/13/35-new-ways-to-do-your-work-right-inside-of-hipchat/ .

Bitbucket add-on makes use of the new features. We also released a new version of JIRA add-on that allows to get the up-to-date status of outstanding issues in one glance, the new version is available in marketplace and we are also planning to roll it out to cloud shortly. We are also working on improvements to Confluence add-on.

0 votes
Mihai Marinescu July 25, 2016

Image 6.png

I am really confused. YOu say that you released a new version of JIRA add-on that use the new features but that must be something else because in HipChat under HipChat connect it says Coming soon. 

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2016

We did release the new version. The page you have screenshoted is pretty old and I though we no longer have it published. How did you get to this page?

The screenshot comes from latest version of HipChat server 1.4.3

0 votes

@Anatoli Kazatchkov so would this Bitbucket Add-on work with HipChat Server ? What about JIRA ? I mean we have all our instances behind the firewall but access to internet. We have Confluence, Bamboo, HipChat and JIRA behind the firewall.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2016

Yes, Bitbucket Cloud will work with HipChat Server as long as the HipChat server is addressable and accessible from Bitbucket Cloud (e.g. you can access https://hipchat.yourdomain.com from outside of the firewall).

Just realised from your other email that you are talking about Bitbucket Server. You are right, Bitbucket Server only supports notifications.

If both of the apps are behind the firewall it is even easier and both JIRA and Confluence integrations will work.

yes i am only interested in integration between apps on the premise

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events