Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat - Desktop notification even if room was left

Julia Zastrow September 20, 2016

I joined a public room by accident and left it with the slash command /part. I also do not see it in my room list anymore. Perfect until here. But I still get desktop notifications for this room. That sucks! Is this normal? Where can I disable this?

According to the room information I'm still participant. But why? I left it.

2 answers

0 votes
Julia Zastrow September 25, 2016

At least I know the reason for this strange behavior (not the solution): I'm Admin! The described problem appears with every room I want to leave. I get desktop notifications as long as I'm HipChat Admin (not room admin)

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2016

This is nor the expected behavior. If you leave a room, you should no longer get notifications for it unless someone mentions you specifically. Is it possible that's what's happening?

If not, can you provide some additional detail about what exactly is happening when you get "desktop notifications"? Do they show up for every message? Does it cause the room to re-open in your left sidebar? What version of the client are you running and on what operating system?

Julia Zastrow September 22, 2016

No, I was definitely not mentioned. The room did not showed up the sidebar and I also did not get this little "1" in my browser tab that is usually shown. I just got a little popup at my desktop. I use the web client in Firefox. In the meanwhile the room is closed and the problem did not happened again but I also can't do any further investigations.

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2016

Hmm - it sounds like perhaps a message somehow got delayed and was sent before you closed the room, but didn't reach your client until after the room was closed. If the issue continues to happen, please contact us via https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32 so we can collect some additional details and help you out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events